Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Joan Holloway is hot




How hot is Joan Holloway! It's so lovely to see someone who isn't anorexic on TV. And those clothes are GORGEOUS. As soon as I've finished exams I'm going to make a foxy Joan Holloway 1960s dress. I'm even tempted to dye my hair red.


What an honour! I've been tagged for the very first time by the delightful Emmy from Pretty Exquisite.


What is your current obsession ?
Jodhpurs! They are an excellent alternative to tight black jeans and leggings as pants. I FINALLY found a brilliant pair with awesome brass buttons at the ankles. Photos to come!

What are you wearing today ?
My all time favourite house outfit: tracky dacks, ugg boots, one of Michael's heinous surf t-shirts from 1997 and my enormous purple dressing gown. (I refuse to wear anything that doesn't involve an elasticated waist around the house. Yes, I am a closet bogan, and I pray every day that there won't be a fire which requires me to evacuate the house in this state!)

What's for dinner ?
Urgh! Salad! I was exceptionally naughty last week so I need to make up for my indiscretions.

What are you listening to right now ?
Michael keeps playing Bonja (everyone we know seems to have shagged a band member or two), but I think they're shite.

What do you think about the person who tagged you ?
She's fabulous! She's been reading my blog since its inception, and she wears some great outfits and posts awesome images.

What are you biggest daily inspirations?
ummm.... no idea.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go ?
Can I travel through time as well? I regularly get very upset that I didn't live in London in the 60s.

Which language do you want to learn ?
I wouldn't mind learning French.

What are your favorite quotes ?
"Every time I come out of the toilets, right, she was round him like flies around shit. And he's the shit... and she's not even the fly coz she's too fat to be the fly. And she's the shit... and that's what they are: the two shovels of shit."

Anyone who can tell me where that was from can have a hundred points!

What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own closet ?
I really like my silk floral dress with the bow at the front that I made. Which reminds me... I need to get it drycleaned!

What is your dream job ?
Lady of Leisure

Any favorite models ?
I actually loathe models. I find them skeletal and creepy and I don't understand why bloggers are so obsessed with them. I know she's not a model, but Joan Holloway from Mad Men is HOT.

Favorite designer(s) ?
Preen, Willow, Kirrily Johnston, Aurelio Costarella, Proenza Schouler

What do you consider a fashion faux pas ?
Oh dear, I could spend all day on this as it's my favourite topic. The following make my skin crawl:
  • fake tans
  • orange clothing that matches one's aforementioned fake tan
  • acrylic nails, especially the sort with horrible patterns on them
  • hair extensions
  • g-strings, especially visible ones
  • leggings as pants
  • knee length or above knee leggings
  • more the one item of denim in the same outfit
  • dirty denim boot leg hipster jeans
  • purple dirty denim jeans
  • any pants that display one's bum when sitting

Describe your personal style ?
Not to my liking! My wardrobe is seriously lacking.

What's the most expensive fashion item you've ever purchased?
hehe no comment. I only like to spend a lot of money on things I can't make - eg jeans, shoes, some coats and knitwear. So even though I might pay a lot for individual items, I also save money by not having a cocaine addiction and making my own clothes.

What can you never leave the house without?
I've always hated this question... ummmmm... my keys?

26 comments:

  1. Yes, keys is definitley a stable answer! I hate faje tans, denim boot hipster jeans, hair extension,s the whole lot. You have good taste!
    XOXOXO
    Libby
    http://fashionconfectionairy.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hottie indeed!! I wish my hair would stay in place as well as hers :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. christina hendricks is like, the hottest thing on tv right now. can you say girl crush?! shes like, agh. love those curves! i enjoyed reading your answers lil.:)yeah, i hate a lot of things tacky too! hair extensions done wrong is totally one of them:)

    btw, we don't technically have "seasons".. but we do have the rainy part of the year, and i love referring to it as fall, since i'm quite jealous about you guys having 4 seasons and all. hehehe.

    much love

    eden

    ReplyDelete
  4. she´s so beautiful, the 60s style suits her well :>

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha i love your answers!! i put up my jeans diy love x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh how fun to learn a little about you!
    yes HOT is a good adjective to describe her!! total 100% beautiful and so in love with the outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great tag... i adore joan holloway. gorgeous. thanks for the lovely comment :-D i'm not sure what i'm doing next year yet. it's very much all up in the air. i've applied to extend my BA to a fourth year doing management which i'll know about come the end of june, then i shall see if i'm back in cam for another year (so can postpone decisions) or if i'm working and applying for MA / PhD programmes. all depends on the next few weeks and months! eek. xxxc

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joan Holloway is hot! I totally agree :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's hot! Her hair is so amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love proenza schouler .
    and yeah she is chic .
    i love that 50 s sort of look ( ihope i got it right cuz i dont know a thing about decades)lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. dye dye dye! hair red is amaaazing on her and her curves. i LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i haven't been to your blog in so long! sorry about that!
    she is STUNNING. oh my. her hair color is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha i really enjoyed your answers to this tag! and my brother is obsessed with mad men, i wish i had started watching it from the beginign.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha keys! Great answer I always forget mine though xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  15. She's got a totally hot secretary style haha. And omgosh, PEOPLE NEED TO WEAR PANTS. NOT leggings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. bonsoir !
    first time i come across your blog so im gonna visit it now :)
    well if you wanna be inspired by my collages or just dream come and visit my blog :)
    a bientot!
    Boubouteatime xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah! I have yet to see this TV programme, I so want to! Love the costumes with it's vibrant colours & celebration of curves! :)

    Great tag! Loved reading your answers, and wish I were as disciplined as you to eat salad when I've been 'naughty', I just follow that by more indulgence, haha! And your fave designers are mine too (although, admittedly, my list is so long), but LOVE Preen, AC & Willow!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. i've really got to watch mad men...it's unacceptable that i haven't already seeing that i've heard its FANTASTIC...that'll give me something to do this summer :-)

    GREAT list of fashion faux pas, that's basically everything i was thinking of but couldn't articulate

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for commenting me dear :) im gonna dd you now too because your blog is nice :) !
    boubou xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. she's really gorgeous.
    btw wanna xchange link? =0

    ReplyDelete
  21. You MUST dye your hair RED!!!!! I demand it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. ohhhh lovelly blog, mad men is so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Laughed my arse off at some of your answers!!!! :)
    www.thewardrobediaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your so right about Joan Holloway - love the blog!

    ReplyDelete