I cannot articulate how glad I am it's Friday. I have been struggling at uni due to the fact that I HAVE DONE NO WORK ALL YEAR due to the fact that I'M INCREDIBLY ADDICTED TO SEWING!
Every night this week I've been just about to start studying... and then I think "I'll just refashion this cardigan and I'll study tomorrow...". And then the next day I'll think "I'll just refashion these shorts and then I'll study at 8.30"... Then at 8.30 I will go to bed as I am a nanna. Grrr!
Anyway, my battery ran out before I could take photos of my new refashioned cardigan (it's very well made, warm and useful, but quite boring, so you're not missing out on much). I did manage to take some (blurry) photos of my new shorts, however. (Sorry, it's a bit late in the day for photos, but I didn't want to wait until tomorrow.)
I didn't take any before pictures, because they were just a pair of men's business trousers, and we all know what they look like! This is what I did:
1) Cut off the legs
2) Cut the scallop at the front
3) Made bias binding out of the fabric from legs
4) Sewed bias binding to the hem and blind hemmed it
5) Hand sewed white lace trim (what I had left over from my chemise top) onto the pockets and the scallop
6) Replaced generic plastic buttons with vintage glass buttons (also left over from chemise top)
Was very quick and very easy! I'm not actually into what I'm wearing with them. I feel they need some red heels and some sort of "sailor" top. However I have neither so you'll have to make do with inferior styling for the photos.