Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Work in progress

I'm on holidays from uni for 2 weeks - 1 week has already gone :(. I went to stay at my Dad's house in Albany for a few days, so no sewing has been done. Here is me looking thrilled when halfway up a massive hill, 1 hour post my exercise limit.

IMG_0336

Before I went away I started work on a lavender blouse. It was supposed to be all sexy and romantic but so far it looks very lackluster indeed. One of the most important skills to learn with sewing (and anything else creative) is when to persevere and when to give up.

What do you guys think? How do you know when something is going to work out or when it's just going to be a big fat waste of time?

IMG_0448

4 comments:

  1. That blouse looks lovely, and I love your hairstyle in the top picture too!
    In answer to your question, I found a few cheap white linen dresses at a Rome flea market, and I basically lived in them all holiday. They are totally loose and comfortable, and require no ironing or anything!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  2. the blouse looks like it has a lot of potential! and probably super foxy with a really high pencil skirt? as long as it fits alright, don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Persevere; it is going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I sit down with a glass of wine and have a heart-to-heart with projects like this.

    I vote persevere.

    ReplyDelete