Friday, September 16, 2011

The offending dress

I tried my new dress on this morning and I've decided it's fab. I think I was being a drama queen the other day and my issues with it were mostly unfounded. Here it is!


IMG_1189

IMG_1204

IMG_1208

It's got the same frill/sleeve situation as my new white lacy top. The colour's not quite right in the pictures; it's quite a lot duller and not at all shiny... but you get the idea. I made it from a silk/linen that I've had lingering in my spare room for years. It is lovely fabric, but it does crease like a bastard... but I think if I wear it in a casual setting on a hot day with the Swedish Hasbeens I'm about to buy online, it'll be fine.

I'm solvent again so I went shopping today and bought some new green suede shoes, because a girl can never have too many pairs of green shoes! I am also going to the hairdresser on Monday to try and sort out my hair colour debacle. I hope she doesn't make it worse.

I've got some more SSS pictures, but I have dodgy hair in them so I'll add them another day.

11 comments:

  1. Yup - total drama queen! That is not at all what I was expecting having read your last post, looks great, relaxed fit without being sack-like. I have a pair if green suede wedges in my summer wishlist, alas given my current cash crisis they will stay on there for a while longer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha,drama queen indeed!!
    The frock is just lovely!! Shame about the creasy fabric,I'm a huge fan of polyester because I can't stand to iron unless I'm sewing!!!
    Ooo,I got some green shoes not long ago,I'm crazy for them.Green is where it's at!! Lets have a gander at yours?!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! That is gorgeous! I guess it is posted at BS ... I have to mark it as favorit! I am delighted by your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing, the details are completely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, green shoes! I'd love some green cowboy boots for fall... That peplum back is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excuse me, did you mention "sack-like" in the previous post? well I have no idea what you mean, this turned out awesome. Fabulous fit, and you look gorgeous, and y'know what? green suede shoes will be PERFECT with this dress.... I hope to see this combo in SSS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is so great!!! I love your special style! Verc cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're gone again!!! Meep!
    Hope you've been having some splendidly wonderful times over the chrissy period!
    Thinking of you,stay fabulousu!XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there, You have done a fantastic job. I will certainly digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I am confident they'll be benefited from this website.
    parfum | rumah dijual | perlengkapan bayi | jakarta hotel | properti semarang

    ReplyDelete